A series of not really connected thoughts:
- I cannot begin to explain the pleasure I derive from walking along a sun-bathed street in a foreign country.
- No matter how many times you say ‘no plastic,’ some shop assistants still think they’re doing you a favour by putting your one item in a bag.
- If you wait until no-one’s looking, remove your one item and put the bag back, no-one knows the difference. 🙂
- It’s no surprise the Argentinians won their game today, but I was surprised that all the Koreans in Barcelona still look pretty happy. I wonder if it’s something about Koreans, or something about Barcelona?
- It’s also no surprise that I’m paying far more attention to the world cup than I usually would… after all, I’m in Barcelona!
- I finished reading Mister Pip. It was beautiful, and, I feel, quite important, though I can’t explain how. It didn’t speak to me on a personal level, like many other books have, but that just makes it easier for me to say, objectively, that it’s definitely a worthwhile read.
- Looking at friends’ photos from Korea, I’ve realised I’ve been quite unfair to the country in my telling of it. It’s not a country without beauty. It’s just not the place for me. I didn’t feel at home there. I didn’t let myself see the beauty of it. That’s okay, because if I had, I might not have left, and be where I am now.
I think that is all.